Doom light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gechidan3000

Reaction score
When I first bought my 03 I had this problem its one of your fuses, I will try to find the exact one and report back

t_bois

Reaction score
That really sounds like a door not closed (including the tailgate) or door switch, but with that condition the lights would eventually (and not after the battery has died) I think mine stay on for about 15 minutes with the door open.

OP
OP
Flink

Flink

Reaction score
That really sounds like a door not closed (including the tailgate) or door switch, but with that condition the lights would eventually (and not after the battery has died) I think mine stay on for about 15 minutes with the door open.

No, get message DOOR AJAR when I open all the doors, tailgate and glass door.

Has NO DOOR AJAR on display.

Also checked with my scanner Autophix 7710, it says closed on everyone and open when I open everyone.

Limited08expo

Reaction score
I replaced all my interior some lights to LEDs and I noticed that when the switch on the far rear dome light is set to off, all other dome lights turn on but not at full brightness. You could say as if it is not supplying the full 12volts. It’s not a problem to me since I usually leave the switch in the middle position so it will turn on when you open the hatch or glass.

Rainman S

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Expidition that I was commuting with. Sometimes the light would stay on sometimes not. I knew it was the drivers door since I was the only one opening and closing a door. I started by slamming it and quickly went to smacking it on the bottom of the outside door panel where the switches are. There are 2 peanut switches beside each other. One is for door ajar and the other is for the lights. I sprayed the heck out of them with WD-40 at least 6 times and they have been working fine for the past 5 years. I still have both switches that I bought for about $8 each. They are pretty tricky to install. Hope this helps.

Craig Lasnier

Reaction score
Could be the rear window latch, that would cause this problem. Spray that down with WD40. Otherwise pull the panel and check it out. Good luck!