Doom light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flink

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I'm having problems with my doom light.
Have no problems with any door (ajar).
The problem is that they are on all the time.

Do I have to reprogram with Forscan?
Any other tips?

(Excuse my bad English, is from Sweden)

Expedition 5.4 Eddie Bauer.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The switch on the dash (panel dimmer control) will cause your DOME light to be on at all times when it is in the very top position. Locate the switch, and see if it is in the very "top" position.....(rolled to the top).

uwiPATo.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flink

Flink

Reaction score
The switch on the dash (panel dimmer control) will cause your DOME light to be on at all times. Locate the switch, and see if it is in the "on" position..... rolled to the top.

uwiPATo.png

Thanks Don Hall!
I will test this.

OP
OP
Flink

Flink

Reaction score
Did not work...
Must be something else that makes it glow.

Even my side mirrors are lit all the time, took out the lights so as not to drain the battery.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did not work...
Must be something else that makes it glow.

Even my side mirrors are lit all the time, took out the lights so as not to drain the battery.

Some internet replies have included spraying lubricant on all the switches, doors and dash, related to the interior lights.

If you intend to trouble-shoot this problem, you will need a 2003 Expedition Shop Manual (2 volumes) available on CD or print (check eBay), or internet download.

The INTERIOR LIGHTING is covered in volume 1,
section 417-02-01.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flink

Flink

Reaction score
Some internet replies have included spraying lubricant on all the switches, doors and dash, related to the interior lights.

If you intend to trouble-shoot this problem, you will need a 2003 Expedition Shop Manual (2 volumes) available on CD or print (check eBay), or internet download.

The INTERIOR LIGHTING is covered in volume 2 section 417-02-01.

OP
OP
Flink

Flink

Reaction score

The INTERIOR LIGHTING is covered in volume 2 section 417-02-01.

I have Haynes. Also waiting for ELM OBD2 for Forscan.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986