Door lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWuster

Reaction score
One more for the day y'all. I have the driver rear door not turning the interior lights on when I open it. I saw something in the sticky about wd40 on the hinge and I guess that's the fix but that also seems very strange to me. I cannot see a switch anywhere so is it in the hinge??? All the other doors work fine.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One more for the day y'all. I have the driver rear door not turning the interior lights on when I open it. I saw something in the sticky about wd40 on the hinge and I guess that's the fix but that also seems very strange to me. I cannot see a switch anywhere so is it in the hinge??? All the other doors work fine.

The door jamb switch is attached to the door latch and hangs on the bottom of the latch. Over the years a bunch of junk gets down in the switch mechanism and jambs it up. Amsoil PowerFoam is good for washing it out, but most people don't have that, so they try WD40. In the end you end up replacing the door jamb switch anyway.

1S1340_1__ra_p.jpg
Ford Expy Door Jamb Switches at Rock Auto

OP
OP
TheWuster

TheWuster

Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe spraying a little lubricant in there will solve the problem of it automatically locking the child door opening mechanism. I'm sure it gets a little embarrassing having to let my 16 year old out of the car.
Edit: I'm guessing it's in the door itself under the latch or I've just went blind. I tried some silicon as the wd is the other car's trunk and wife isn't home from work yet. Didn't do anything.

Last edited: