Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
Yes ... since you're home with lots of free time, you can keep trying combinations until you hit the right one. Unless you drain the battery trying or go crazy. There are 3125 possibilities.
http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/database/QQ.09.06/h/michael5.html

I've been curious how many people use and have to remember the numbers vs the pattern?
My pattern is easier. Far left, Far Right, Second from Left, Second from right, Center.

I also scratched the code into the rubber on bumper in case I ferget.
Added some random numbers at the front for theft deterrence.
And I have it in my wallet.
And I added my own code which is an old zip code I use a lot for pwd's.

I think I have it covered.

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Custom codes are possible with the permanent code entered first. Keep looking, you will find it. Take a picture with your phone. That may help.
Also. Can you verify that the keypad even works? The previous owner could also have replaced the door from another vehicle.

Can you lock the truck by pressing 7 and 9 simultaneously?
The key pad should light up and possibly the dome after a time-out. once night falls, I would try pressing each button in turn while waiting 30 seconds in between. Does the keypad light up with each subsequent press?

RobK

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I bought mine used. Dealer (different than the one I bought it from) reprogrammed it for free.

dishgawd

Reaction score
I found my factory code in the owners manual case. You can then change it to your own PIN following the instructions.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found my factory code in the owners manual case. You can then change it to your own PIN following the instructions.
Wrong! You can't change the factory code, but you can add several personal codes...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I had this issue on one of my past Fords, I get them serviced at a Ford dealer and they looked it up for free. It's annoying to buy a used car and the manuals with the code card aren't included!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this issue on one of my past Fords, I get them serviced at a Ford dealer and they looked it up for free. It's annoying to buy a used car and the manuals with the code card aren't included!
The code card was in my new to me truck but I never use it.

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
The code card was in my new to me truck but I never use it.
I love this feature in Fords, first thing I do when I get a new one (Expy is my 6th Ford in a row in 15 years!) is put in a personal code and I use it all the time. At home or work, I often need to get something out of my locked car but don't have my key with me so it's really handy!

Hulkster

Reaction score
It’s is on the passenger side near the floor on right same as stated above. I put my phone in front of it took a pic and got my code. Pull panel towards you and it’s on right side of black box