Door Sensor Data Error and Tire Pressure Monitor Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadamaja

Reaction score
having this same issue right now, just started doing this yesterday, but the exception is that everything works except the power locks, tmps auto lights works ok, im going to try this

OP
OP
A

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont know if the auto lights worked or not on mine. I never use them. I dont like them.

Just out of curiousity, is there power going to the #5 fuse in your fusebox?

Let us know if that wire was the culprit in yours as well.

dadamaja

Reaction score
I dont know if the auto lights worked or not on mine. I never use them. I dont like them.

Just out of curiousity, is there power going to the #5 fuse in your fusebox?

Let us know if that wire was the culprit in yours as well.
I didnt check anything yet its so friggin hot here heat index at 115° with a 100% humidity , a little better weather next week, ill check everything then, ill let you know, and thx for your help

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy® Note Edge

rbrakebill72

Reaction score
Just found this thread after fighting this problem, sure enough whoever installed that metal cover plate pinched the loom uunder it and broke the red/white wire, and the solder joint literally fell apart. Thanks for the heads up, after this fix everything works as it should.

bobbyd38

Reaction score
How do you remove the Metal Cover? I removed the sill plate on mine and it appeared the cover was embedded in plastic going in both directions forward and towards the rear of the truck?

OP
OP
A

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remove the sill plate
Remove the Metal cover with 2 small bolts, one towards the front, one towards the rear. ( I think it is 2 off the top of my head) you will have to pull back teh carpet a bit to find the bolts
Split the big plastic wire cover open. Its just taped shut IIRC.

SFTX

Reaction score
You rock!

Just found this thread after fighting this problem, sure enough whoever installed that metal cover plate pinched the loom uunder it and broke the red/white wire, and the solder joint literally fell apart. Thanks for the heads up, after this fix everything works as it should.

Thanks to AcesOverEights for starting this thread and then posting the fix. We had the same problem with our 2006 Eddie Bauer Expedition - door locks didn't work, TPMS sensor was going crazy, data error on the display, couldn't open the back, etc. There was no visible break, but we stripped the shielding and saw green (rust?) on the red/white wire.

Everything is back to normal after a quick cut and soldering. You saved us a lot of time and money - thank you.

Last edited: