Door Unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I’ve been playing with the settings and reading the book, but I haven’t figured out how to get all the doors to unlock once the vehicle is put in park or when the drivers door is opened. Either would be fine, but we’ve had the Expedition for a week and my wife is about to drive me crazy. She has to remember to hit the unlock switch before she gets out. I have both auto lock and Auto Unlock checked in the screen at the moment. TIA

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been playing with the settings and reading the book, but I haven’t figured out how to get all the doors to unlock once the vehicle is put in park or when the drivers door is opened. Either would be fine, but we’ve had the Expedition for a week and my wife is about to drive me crazy. She has to remember to hit the unlock switch before she gets out. I have both auto lock and Auto Unlock checked in the screen at the moment. TIA
The door doesn’t just open when you try to open it? I have the Navigator but I’d imagine it’s the same, when my doors are locked and I exit the vehicle all I have to do is grab the door handle and it opens that door but leaves the others locked until they are opened from the inside.

OP
OP
Mothnuts

Mothnuts

Reaction score
The door doesn’t just open when you try to open it? I have the Navigator but I’d imagine it’s the same, when my doors are locked and I exit the vehicle all I have to do is grab the door handle and it opens that door but leaves the others locked until they are opened from the inside.

Correct, mine is the same, but I’d like for it to unlock all the doors (and with the engine still running) without having to press the unlock button. I think this is mainly a problem for us GM converts. I’ve been reading for the last hour, and I don’t think what I’m wanting (basically what our Tahoe did) is possible, unless someone has a ForScan fix.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, mine is the same, but I’d like for it to unlock all the doors (and with the engine still running) without having to press the unlock button. I think this is mainly a problem for us GM converts. I’ve been reading for the last hour, and I don’t think what I’m wanting (basically what our Tahoe did) is possible, unless someone has a ForScan fix.
I don’t understand the issue I don’t think. Why does it matter if they unlock or not if they open with the handdle anyway? I guess you are missing the noise of the locks unlocking? I can see where this is an issue if someone gets out of their door then tries to open the back door from the outside without the key on them, then that door remains locked.... this has happened to us a few times.

OP
OP
Mothnuts

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I don’t understand the issue I don’t think. Why does it matter if they unlock or not if they open with the handdle anyway? I guess you are missing the noise of the locks unlocking? I can see where this is an issue if someone gets out of their door then tries to open the back door from the outside without the key on them, then that door remains locked.... this has happened to us a few times.

Yep, you got it. We live in a rural area, and have a tendency to leave our vehicles running when we run into places quick. The instance I hear about nightly is my wife pulls up to daycare to drop off our boys, gets out with the car running, goes to the passenger side back door to get the boys out and the door is locked (key fob in her purse in the front seat). Same thing happens when she goes to pick them up, but this time she is carrying a baby carrier and the bags when she grabs the door and it’s locked. It’s just a PITA when she is used to the vehicle unlocking when shifting to park.

OP
OP
Mothnuts

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I think the workaround for us might be to turn the child safety locks on, and then turn the auto lock settings off.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe this is a safety feature. It prevents anyone from entering the vehicle when other than the drivers door. However, the doors unlock if any of the other doors are opened from the inside. If your kids arent old enough to open the door, i figure the doors are doin their job. I can see droppin off kids and the doors locked in your in a hurry how that would get annoying.

crazyjerry

Reaction score

crazyjerry

Reaction score
i have the same problem, trying to figured out if the relays are bad or what, please help