Dorr ajar switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king200

Reaction score
1998 ford exp... the driver side door switch is bad.... The interior light stays on and also the running boards stay on when the dooor is open and closed....where is ti I cannot seem to find it...any help

jimboh247

Reaction score
Spray the door lock area ( the area where the door latches) with WD-40. Do it to all your door locks. I had the same problem. It worked for me.

rrosenbohm

Reaction score
Door Ajar, key chime, dome lights

My 97 runs perfect at 112k mi. But the dome lights sometimes stay on, the door ajar plannel light is always on and now the key chime continues after the doors are closed until the ignition is turned on. All this activity has run the battery down on me twice or is the battery the problem?:confused:

OP
OP
K

king200

Reaction score
spray WD40 in all the doors locks. i know it sounds wierd but jimboh247 told me to do it and it worked. I also did the tricj on my ford winstar .....good luck

rrosenbohm

Reaction score
King200:

I tried it, it worked. I found out later from a Chrysler dealer that this is standard procedure on how they handl Fords with this problem.

Thanks

RR