Upper strut mount lifespan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long do the upper strut mounts last? I’ve replaced all the front end components over the past two years and just replaced the struts in April. I’m still getting some front end clunking when going over bumps so I’m thinking the upper mounts are bad. They’re the OEM mounts with 182k miles and being used on the third set of struts. I’ve inspected all bolts and made sure everything is tightened to factory torque specs.

Going to order new KYB mounts from Rock Auto next week since OEM mounts aren’t available outside a full strut assembly. Any thoughts before I order them?

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long do the upper strut mounts last? I’ve replaced all the front end components over the past two years and just replaced the struts in April. I’m still getting some front end clunking when going over bumps so I’m thinking the upper mounts are bad. They’re the OEM mounts with 182k miles and being used on the third set of struts. I’ve inspected all bolts and made sure everything is tightened to factory torque specs.

Going to order new KYB mounts from Rock Auto next week since OEM mounts aren’t available outside a full strut assembly. Any thoughts before I order them?
It would be a shame to replace new hardware while diagnosing a noise. Any of these options would allow you to keep the struts you just bought/installed last month:

OP
OP
rwmorrisonjr

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would be a shame to replace new hardware while diagnosing a noise. Any of these options would allow you to keep the struts you just bought/installed last month:
Those are what I'm looking at. I reseated the LF strut since it wasn't snug on the bottom perch and that seems to have tamed the clunking down, no just hearing normal road noise. Fingers crossed!