Driver's Console Message: Limited Slip Differential Temporarily Disabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todadamson

Reaction score
I took my 2019 Expedition Platinum to the dealer for an oil change. I am pretty sure they gave her a new software load. I usually leave the drive mode in 2H. I noticed after I have just started the engine, I get a message on the driver's console: Limited Slip Differential Temporarily Disabled. I am curious if the message is the result of new software or is something going on that needs attention?

OP
OP
todadamson

todadamson

Reaction score
Update: The dealer claimed there was no software update done at the time of the service. Meanwhile, the message has disappeared and was only active for a day. They wanted me to bring it in to have it checked. I think I'll wait until the message reappears.

lurch

Reaction score
My 2019 was doing this a lot last year but while driving around town. I took it in twice witch picture of the error message that included the odometer so it was obvious it was from my Expy. On the 2nd visit they drained and refilled the rear differential and the error has gone away.