Drivers Power window issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Expy4Me

Reaction score
Have you followed the de-initialize instructions immediately followed by the re-initialize procedure, to the letter ?

And just so I am clear, when you press and hold the switch either up or down, the window works 100%. I wouldn't replace the motor based on that, LOL.

The only issue here is express mode requires 8-10 taps.

Out of curiosity, does the obstacle detection work? Lower the window, hold the switch to raise and when its coming up hit the top edge of the glass with your other hand. The window should immediately stop.

When holding the button down, or just hitting it quickly, it stops, on it's own, it takes being tapped or held down, for it to go any further. It seems where it stops is the same each time. But yeah, it takes hitting it a total of 8-10 times to get it all the way closed or open. It is rather commanding in it's speed though. especially after lubing- maybe even faster than the other windows, it just stops on it's own after and inch or two.
I haven't tried obstacle detection yet...
I guess no matter what it does "work" I just want it to be back to normal.

I'll try the obstacle detection and re-and de-initialization procedures again tomorrow, and report back with what I find.
Thanks to all.

OP
OP
E

Expy4Me

Reaction score
I did notice a little while ago, the up/down direction is opposite the other 3 windows for some odd reason?

OP
OP
E

Expy4Me

Reaction score
I am still dealing with this issue btw, haven't had the time, resources, nor knowledge on how to deal with it. If anyone knows a solution drop a few lines here and spill it, I'll be thankful if you can easily deliver me. Thanks all, and happy hollydaze. :-D :Rock on:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a digital multimeter and know how to use it, also can you read and understand wiring diagrams?

steelnewfie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it possible you reversed the polarity or installation of the switch somehow (when you said it goes different from the other three)? When I had my third gen I thought it was pressure sensitive for auto up down. Ie you push the switch halfway for manual up down or all the way for auto up down. Good luck with it!

laketrash

Reaction score
I'm with ss pete, I also believe you need a new motor.

I had the same issue in another truck and a new motor solved the problem. Diagnoses for me was that after cleaning the tracks and no improvement on stopping short with the auto down feature the motor was just too tired to complete the cycle.

OP
OP
E

Expy4Me

Reaction score
Do you have a digital multimeter and know how to use it, also can you read and understand wiring diagrams?
I'm not very fluent with either, :-(

This situation is quite odd.
Each increment is perfectly the same distance, each time.
Something tells me this is above my ability, mainly that I tried to buy a new motor and install it, 2 parts stores ( a napa and an advance, both) around here are giving me what looks like older kinds of motors, the one I need to replace it with has a long thin circuit board that goes down into the motor housing, the ones the stores are trying to sell me don't have that kind of setup, kind of an oval housing, it is slightly different looking.

I've got to make an appointment somewhere me thins, wish I could find someone who won't rip me off, but I dont think that's gonna happen.

LOL anyone on here (by a freak chance) in central va, and ant a shot at this?

OP
OP
E

Expy4Me

Reaction score
I appreciate all yallz tries with the help, too, thank you.