Driver's window Auto down function not workimg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willalex09

Reaction score
Hello all, like the title says my driver's window auto down feature does not work. The window does go down just not automatically. The auto up however does work fine. I have checked both "auto window" fuses in the kick panel fuse box and they are not blown. Do you think the switch is bad? Any other way to test? It is a 2010 Limited. Thanks in advance!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could remove the switch and physically jump the pins... if there's a combo that generates "auto down" accessible via pins but not from the switch, it's your switch

PS afair, you gotta remove the door panel to get to switches

Bilsto

Reaction score
I have a problem with this too. 2000 Expy. The auto down works when it wants to, but the weird thing is that it goes in cycles along with when I drive it. That is, one time, the whole time I drive it, it won't work. Then maybe next time, the whole time I drive it, it does work. Occasionally I have this problem with the rear vent windows too. Is any of this stuff controlled by the computer?

Plati

Reaction score
There was a thread on this a couple few months ago ... Auto down. The way my 2014 works is controlled by pressing the switch twice etc. I think I posted a wiring diagram but it also might depend on what model year you have. In the wiring diagram it was switch related like Frenchy said. Maybe you can search and find that.

There are "auto window" fuses?

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2000 window stopped working going up, thought it was the window switch or ground. Reason was, I ran ground straight to up part of switch. Turned out to be the relay on the inside fuse box. Second one from bottom. Kept hearing a click when going up, tapped on relay, and all was well. Replaced relay, now up/down and auto down work as new. Try the relay with a known good one.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Bilsto

Reaction score
Hadn't really thought about the relay. Mine clicks all the time when I try to use the feature. I guess the contacts for the primary circuit could be worn out. Thanks!

Auto-window fuses? Not sure I've ever heard of that.