Driver's Window stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alcgraham

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Eddie Bauer edition with just over 200,000 miles and last week the driver's window went down 1/4 of the way then stopped but I was still able to roll it up and now it is not going down at all. All the other windows work fine. Do I need a new control switch? Thoughts/ideas? Thanks!!!!

Plati

Reaction score
its usually the regulator, people put them in themselves ... search the forum for posts with video etc

but yeah its possible its other things

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. How do you determine if it is the regulator? I see some that have a regulator and some that say regulator and motor. How do I know what I will need?

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. We got a new switch and it works now. It does now only do auto down and it goes down too far so if you roll it back up and try to roll down again it won't work unless you turn the car off. Does anyone know how to reset a window to keep it from going down too far?