EL feeling inadequate all of a sudden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5546E330-DEBA-4921-B2F7-E2EE40B6366A.jpeg 07408E0D-63E8-4AB9-993C-606FEF1A3AA7.jpeg
Yes it’s a 7.6 liter. The ride is also unbelievably good!! It’s like your sitting on your living room couch even when going over railroad tracks lol.
Another tidbit of info on those suicide door Lincoln’s is that they are actually unibody cars. The main reason Lincoln made them suicide (front opening rear doors) was because there wasn’t adequate support for the large rear doors to open from the rear on the convertibles. One would think those 4dr convertibles would fold in half in the middle. Cool thing is that you can option a new Lincoln with suicide rear doors again.

Last edited:

Snidley53

Reaction score
My Dad used to drive the Lincoln Town cars and he loved them. Every time they would pass a gas station the steering wheel would automatically turn to pull in at least that was what he told me. As a kid, I could have lived in the trunk.

Jim Johnson

Reaction score
My old Lincoln was a '74 Continental. White with a blue top and blue interior. That was the greatest car I ever had. I'd buy another one to try to recapture lost youth but they are nearly impossible to find. It's on my bucket list like building a 427 Cobra replica.

My Expedition has the same kind of smooth power that the old Lincoln had. And it has just a wee bit more passenger room.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ever think those old Continentals were called that because they were the size of a continent? ;)

I'd like to take a Mark V Town Coupe and make a hybrid out of it. Huge amount of battery space under the hood.