Electronic Throttle Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordguy72

Reaction score
i have 2005 epadition 4.5l.... am haveing prodlms like som of this guy her but on it does not show the codes...........it says... Electronic Throttle Control... n the o/d off is blinking n motor light is on but wont move

cbeavers

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue with my 2005 Expedition. However, the code I am getting is P0506. The guy at Autozone told me we likely need to replace the throttle control unit and, according to his information, the part is only available through Ford. A friend of mine later told me we could buy the part from the dealership, have someone install it (cheaper) but it would still need to be taken/towed at that point to the dealer for them to callebrate after the part was installed. I am not certain how much of this is true but am hoping someone on this forum may be able to give me some direction. Not entirely certain that is the issue and don't want to replace parts that are not necessary - but I also need my truck fixed. Any suggestions is most appreciated!

Alansd

Reaction score
Glad I saw this post. I had he same exact issue today. Stalled at a light and rolled into a very busy intersection in limp mode on restart. I found the "pending codes" as I happened to have my code reader plugged in when it happened. Same P2104 and 2112. Will buy an air filter and use MAF cleaner later today..Sure hope that is it. Scary. I drove in limp mode a mile veerrrry slooowly. Then restarted it and it was ok to get me to work.
I sure miss the days when cars did not have a computer

Last edited:

Snickerflix

Reaction score
Codes P2104, P2107, P2110, P2111

2005 ford expedition getting codes P2104, P2107, P2110, and P 2111 took throttle body off and cleaned it installed new actuator motor and installed a new tps sensor at throttle body. Change the plugs and coils about a month ago hoping it would stop dying on us. Day before yesterday it died and now it won't start. Changed the air filter too and cleaned the throttle body. Please help!