engine apart, want to paint stuff.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought while it was down and apart I'd paint some of the expy's engine parts.
I'd like your thoughts and input as to what else I might paint, and help me with color ideas cause I'm color blind and have no imagination for decent color combinations.

I'm not going to paint the block because you'll never see it enough to appreciate it was even done, and I'm just to lazy.

I am going to paint the intake, the timing cover, and oil pan (the oil pan is getting bedliner)

I'm not looking for any kind of show piece, just want to jazz up the place.

the truck is 99 e.b. and the color is called spruce green.

what colors can you suggest, and anything else in there worth painting?

I think I want to stick to rattle cans.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I really do not know but will bed liner hold up to the heat. Count on the oil pan getting to 190+ degrees.

I would also worry a bit about it holding more heat in the motor or more specifically the oil.

I know they have high temp engine paint.

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds even better, I was thinking it would help during off-road treks for stones and things like that, but for sure not worth over heating the oil.

I'll just make some skid plates for that.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your gonna paint the engine why not go all out. The block wants some paint, i just know it. If you already are going to all this effort, why not finish it out.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree with splintercel if its apart might as well paint it all. and the parts of the engine block that can be seen will just add more to it. You could always paint the block ford blue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition