Ever wish you had Wireless charging for your Phone built in? HOW TO:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice How-to.......you are much more motivated than I was.....plug a wireless charger in under the console lid and run the wire on the passenger side.....toss the phone in and as you noted, it always charges.

jeff

OP
OP
C

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
Nice How-to.......you are much more motivated than I was.....plug a wireless charger in under the console lid and run the wire on the passenger side.....toss the phone in and as you noted, it always charges.

jeff

I did the same thing, just wanted something a little nicer. The problems over the long term I found with just about any phone is the charging ports. Every time you plug your phone in and throw it in the pocket is wear on the charging port. Most any phone I have had the charging port gets loose and plugs dont stay in the right. I'm hoping in addition to a cleaner look it adds longevity the the phone.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the idea.
Any particular reason you took the guts out of the case?
Seems like asking for trouble with liquid dripping in there or debris even with the tape over top.

OP
OP
C

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
I like the idea.
Any particular reason you took the guts out of the case?
Seems like asking for trouble with liquid dripping in there or debris even with the tape over top.

Getting the unit to sit flush was the main reason for removing it from the case, I wanted as low profile as possible. I dont plan on using the pocket for anything else. I did just order today some 4 inch diameter heat shrink tubing to seal it with. If I have an issue, at $15 Ill buy another one and experiment again.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every time you plug your phone in and throw it in the pocket is wear on the charging port. Most any phone I have had the charging port gets loose and plugs dont stay in the right. I'm hoping in addition to a cleaner look it adds longevity the the phone.

No, no.....no plugging in! Here, like this....I toss in my V30 into the recess and it will begin charging....every time!

It's wireless.....and the charger never moves....naturally, because that's where I toss my phone..and don't even get me going on wireless charging... I LOVE it!! Last time I plugged in a phone, was December!

jeff

Fast charger.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
No, no.....no plugging in! Here, like this....I toss in my V30 into the recess and it will begin charging....every time!

It's wireless.....and the charger never moves....naturally, because that's where I toss my phone..and don't even get me going on wireless charging... I LOVE it!! Last time I plugged in a phone, was December!

jeff

View attachment 24984

Can you slide that charger over, I need a few more digits off that card. ;)

That looks like it works well too...

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a gift card....every year I get them for Christmas & birthday...I toss them all under the charger in hopes that Kerry will remember they are there!

Not nearly as clean an install as your though!

jeff

OP
OP
C

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
It's a gift card....every year I get them for Christmas & birthday...I toss them all under the charger in hopes that Kerry will remember they are there!

Not nearly as clean an install as your though!

jeff

They never do remember...