Exhaust sound... how to slightly improve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get it, but big displacement is nearly a thing of the past with the EPA and their restrictions.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, just bought a used 2019 Special Edition Expedition and coming from a Jaguar XE with a badass stock exhaust I’m curious if there’s any easy muffler or exhaust system mod that can yield a little more of a performance sound under hard throttle without being annoying while cruising.

Additionally, I have a lifetime powertrain warranty so I wouldn’t want to negate that by performing a mod so if that’s not feasible I’d leave it alone but hoping I can do something!

Don’t bother changing the exhaust on a V6, they all sound like garbage. It’s the biggest thing I miss about my Grand Cherokee. I had the Hemi and a Corsa exhaust. It sounded nasty good. Uncork a V6 and they just get annoying and sound terrible.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don’t bother changing the exhaust on a V6, they all sound like garbage. It’s the biggest thing I miss about my Grand Cherokee. I had the Hemi and a Corsa exhaust. It sounded nasty good. Uncork a V6 and they just get annoying and sound terrible.
That's funny, I had the exact same setup on my wk2 and it was amazing, great sound when you got on it, but not too much more cabin noise. I too miss it.

18MaxLimited

Reaction score
Anyone heard the either the SPD Performance Downpipe or the magnaflow catback exhaust?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
I was in a Sarasota parking lot during a film festival and heard an engine start up.
I had to go over to see what it was. Aston Martin V12 ... Vanquish I think.
Now that's a sweet engine sound!

Brian Kile

Reaction score
Anyone heard the either the SPD Performance Downpipe or the magnaflow catback exhaust?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That's what I'm planning on installing, 5 Star tells me it sounds good. Would love to hear some feedback from anyone running it on a 4th Gen