Expedition - Impressed (tow capacity)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score

pittsy

Reaction score
I tow pretty heavy too..but the boat primary stays on the lift behind the house and I take it out 3-4 times a year and the ramp is 1.6 miles away. I drive slow and leave plenty of room to stop. The trailer is a triple axel and has 4 brakes so its stops pretty well.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking for airbags, but nothing is out yet that I can find. I’m going to get them after the holidays and replace the stock shocks on my FX4 and hope that helps the ride and towing until something comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't wait until I hit 1000 miles on mine so I can start towing my camper. It's not a heavy one (only around 3000 pounds), but still excited to see the difference coming from a my previous tv that only supported around 4500 pounds.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a public service announcement: If you get the Sumo Springs and need any warranty work done, make sure you let the dealer know that you installed them. I took mine in last week for a leaking front strut, and while they were checking the others they found the Sumos and thought that they were shipping blocks that the selling dealer forgot to remove. They were going to cut them out, but fortunately called me first to see if I knew about them. $130 argument averted... :)

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a public service announcement: If you get the Sumo Springs and need any warranty work done, make sure you let the dealer know that you installed them. I took mine in last week for a leaking front strut, and while they were checking the others they found the Sumos and thought that they were shipping blocks that the selling dealer forgot to remove. They were going to cut them out, but fortunately called me first to see if I knew about them. $130 argument averted... :)
So I’m about to pick up a trailer... should I just buy these now or wait and see how the rear does? 400lb tongue 5000lb trailer.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I’m about to pick up a trailer... should I just buy these now or wait and see how the rear does? 400lb tongue 5000lb trailer.
I would give it a shot without them and see what you think. Just remember that if you throw anything in the storage area it adds to that weight behind the axle and just causes more squat.

If you decide to add them they only take about 10 minutes per side to install.

Bury

Reaction score
I've got a 2015 Expy and pull a 7000lb travel trailer. Expy pulls it fine, but on the highway the max I wanted to go was 60mph before I would get a little sway. And when the big trucks passed I got more sway. Yes I had an equalizer hitch and two friction sway bars, but still got a little of the white knuckle driving. I did a lot of research and spent the money and bought a Pro Pride hitch, IT IS WORTH THE MONEY. The advertise that they eliminate the sway, and it did.