Favorite After Market Add On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I installed everything for the radio connections in my console I completely overlooked I stalling a light. That thing is a cavernous beast and could really benefit from one.

I have looked into using 2 or 3 lights/diodes and having a magnetic reed switch installed towards the rear of the console lid. Being its unlikely I'd need light unless it's full open and I'm digging for something it would keep connections out of my way and all but guarantee the switch closes each time. Up front if I failed to fully latch it may be enough to not shut off my lights.

I've also considered just doing an led strip that is USB powered being I ran a couple ports in there to handle Android auto and carplay but I use wireless for my phone and the ports are free for power usage. Getting one to turn on without manipulating a control is the hard part because they generally have in line remotes for the affordable ones destined for a project like this.

@Hamfisted have you considered any sort of mounted holster? Looking into options for something like that for my xdm, it would fit perfectly in the console without taking up much space at all. Should be able to be vertical or whatever angle I feel is best for quick access as well. It's not practical removing my supertuck to place it all in the console.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a reverse alarm, not the fanciest thing I've done to my expedition, but there are a lot of small kids who live around me and I want them to know when I'm backing out. Also helpful at the store when I can't see past the other large vehicles around me.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The cherry bomb Vortex muffler I just had fun installing.