Finally got my Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoL... Yea... I've read that famous thread.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have the same clear coat issue with ours... We got our expy about 11 mo ago as a private sale. Had to change the fuel pump and have a mysterious coolant leak, but, ours is towing really well too! We put 20k miles on it and counting- setting at about 147k at the moment. The clear coat and paint on the hood and the roof are both worn out. I love the power though and it's been good to us so far!

484d0dc91725daafb73472ce637b728d.jpg

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig. I'm hoping to upgrade to a bigger trailer once the Expy is paid off.

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice looking rig. I'm hoping to upgrade to a bigger trailer once the Expy is paid off.

Thanks! I'm in the same boat. I'm looking forward to adding upgrades to my Expy if I get my trailer paid off hahahahhaha

Youre rig is looking great too, hopefully she treats you well in all your adventures

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoL well considering I used to pull the camper with a 20yr old 5.0 Explorer, this pulls like a deam. Promised the wife no upgrades... But I think it needs a bigger radiator and tranny cooler (AZ summers). Maybe a better fan.

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
LoL well considering I used to pull the camper with a 20yr old 5.0 Explorer, this pulls like a deam. Promised the wife no upgrades... But I think it needs a bigger radiator and tranny cooler (AZ summers). Maybe a better fan.

Don't think of them as upgrades, they are safety enhancements to ensure years of trouble free driving and towing! :cheers:

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the grill off recently and had a chance to get a good look at the transmission cooler. Two things I noticed.
1) it looks like the bracket that holds it in place could hold a bigger (taller) cooler. I'm Wondering if Ford used the same bracket in the bigger F-250s and/or 350s to hold bigger coolers. If so, has anyone looked into finding a cooler from a similar year truck that is bigger, that will clip into this mount?
2) looks like I have a minor leak.a20c7df00ee2f4aa607aa7b82745b5a9.jpg7c3001e6bd018d92a8d4d49177214b64.jpga7f6b5621409c2794bf7df5a915a6baa.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2000, I swapped in the trans cooler from the 6.0L diesel. It was a monster. Probably going to swap another one into my 2014.

I have an UltraGauge monitoring trans temp. It’s getting the temp from the OBDII port and I believe the sensor is in the valve body. The other day, it was a pretty warm day (for February). It was about 55 degrees. Doing some normal suburban driving (some stop’n’go but 45-55 mph driving between lights) and wasn’t towing. I saw temps of 205 degrees. My 2000 also ran warm. After I put in the 6.0L cooler in, it rarely got over 175. Mostly stayed around 150 degrees.