Finally got my Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, besides the hood that needed to be painted (the dealer agreed to repair it prior to my purchase), the Eddie had what looked like white water spots all over the driver side. The dealer was supposed to fix those as well but didnt do so. So I got to spend Saturday afternoon with buffer in hand. Got the spots off of it but it took some effort. I'm really curious what would cause spots like that. So embedded that it took a buffer to get them off.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm always amazed at how a 12 year vehicle in a non rust belt state can still look great. Here I wouldn't even consider looking at one because of rust issues.

Congratulations on finding one is such great shape.

eburnside

Reaction score
Well, besides the hood that needed to be painted (the dealer agreed to repair it prior to my purchase), the Eddie had what looked like white water spots all over the driver side. The dealer was supposed to fix those as well but didnt do so. So I got to spend Saturday afternoon with buffer in hand. Got the spots off of it but it took some effort. I'm really curious what would cause spots like that. So embedded that it took a buffer to get them off.

Mine got that from being parked in the sun next to a leaky sprinkler at a city park in southern cal. Whatever water they used made water spots all over the passenger side and it took me days of buffing by hand with 3M buffing compound to get it looking decent again.

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A co-worker and I came to the same conclusion today... Water with a big concentration of minerals.

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a couple pics I recently took while we were at a rest stop in AZ, just south of Prescott.
Tows very nicely. [emoji16]
fc409f0498b66599073fde6f6e85c687.jpg495874210cc8d9d39da4b5ec8f4d4d9b.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always loved the two-tone with the tan bottom, wish mine had that! Looks fantastic!

Eddie Bauer trim package comes with the Pueblo Gold moldings, King Ranch has them as well. They are more outdoor/ country flavored trim packages whereas the Limited is more of a city flavor trim.

Last edited:

Mackenzie Gans

Reaction score
I wanted to get one with the gold on the bottom, with black or blue on top it looks amazing. I just didn't have the patience to wait! It looks so elegant with the two-tone paint job.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is Black and Pueblo Gold. My favorite on the Eddie Bauer is the Dark Copper Metallic and Pueblo Gold.

42D25CF5-8278-4259-84B4-0CBC502BD2D3.jpeg
23FAFD09-B218-4973-ADD0-CDBD16C5D438.jpeg

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like the dark copper. But I'll stick with the blue.