Finally got my Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrickerZ

Reaction score
Thank you! I like it. Only thing is the roof, it suffers the same clear coat damage and fade the hood had. But couldn't get the dealer to repair it, only the hood and upper doors. I'm thinking I could use some herculiner tinted to match the rest of the paint and roll it on. Look better than the white/grey/faded paint and protect it from whatever I throw up there.. Canoes, kayaks, etc.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

Did you ever do the herculiner? I just bought a 2007 that has some rust up top and want to do something similar. Wondering how well it works at preventing rust.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you ever do the herculiner? I just bought a 2007 that has some rust up top and want to do something similar. Wondering how well it works at preventing rust.
I just threw some old house paint on top of my last SUV and it worked fine until I sold it.

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just haven't had time to do the herculiner. Thought I'd do the experiment with my old Explorer first.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the new correct transmission cooler put in. Easiest transmission work I've ever done! Hardest part was removing the grill and that's easy. However checking and adding fluid afterwards was a huge PIA. I ended up adding too much and had to pump some out. What I pumped out looked like over used motor oil. Not wanting to go through that terrible process myself I just took it to brakemasters and had the fluid changed. They pumped the old out as they pumped the new in. I asked about replacing the filter as well but that added several hundred dollars to the job. I think I'll just add an external filter and call it good.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the new correct transmission cooler put in. Easiest transmission work I've ever done! Hardest part was removing the grill and that's easy. However checking and adding fluid afterwards was a huge PIA. I ended up adding too much and had to pump some out. What I pumped out looked like over used motor oil. Not wanting to go through that terrible process myself I just took it to brakemasters and had the fluid changed. They pumped the old out as they pumped the new in. I asked about replacing the filter as well but that added several hundred dollars to the job. I think I'll just add an external filter and call it good.

Several hundred for dropping the pan? That's why I do my own work.

OP
OP
T

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have done the work myself, but really really hate trying to refill it, and check the level with no fill tube and a 2 in. dipstick.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65