Fixed one issue and another arises...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rich I would agree you can't go wrong using factory Motorcraft whenever possible. Rock Auto offers Motorcraft for this part as well as other brands that are a little cheaper if you have to go that route for your budget.

HF, honestly, I forgot they sell MC parts. Doh! I actually never bought parts from them but probably shop them weekly for my wish list.

On a side note, work opportunities are tough in TX so I started an LLC. Lol. Selling military surplus, camping, hunting and possibly fishing. I'll test out an Amazon seller account. Already have my Secretary of State certificate, EIN, business bank account. Maybe this comment should be in the general discussion part. Sorry. I guess my point is I'm working to spend money (on anything including expy repairs) wisely and avoid extraneous expenses and time spent.

OP
OP
T

treagan82

Reaction score

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Eric Wheeler

Reaction score
Fixed my no start issue, now I have another... Now, the truck drives fine, no issues, hot or cold, however, when I come to a stop at an intersection sometimes it starts chugging a little bit. If I give it some gas or start moving again, it stops. If I continue to sit there sometimes it just dies. No loss of power at any point while moving. Only happens when im at a dead stop. Any ideas?

I know you problem is fixed, but it if happens again check your
VCT Control Solenoids

That was my issue. When I'm stopped at a light it wanted to die. Had to keep giving it gas (neutral) to stay running

OP
OP
T

treagan82

Reaction score
I know you problem is fixed, but it if happens again check your
VCT Control Solenoids

That was my issue. When I'm stopped at a light it wanted to die. Had to keep giving it gas (neutral) to stay running

I have a 16v 5.4, I don't think I have these. Going to get some codes read and go from there. Will update later tonight.

Side note, this has been one of the most maintenance free and reliable vehicles I have ever owned. Really hopping to roll over 300k on this bad girl. So far I have replaced 1 plug, 1 coil pack, 1 rear wheel hub, 2 batteries, 2 sets of battery terminals, tires twice, breaks twice. Once I get her running again, its time to get the rear folding 3rd row working.

OP
OP
T

treagan82

Reaction score
Ok gentleman, here is what the code reader says

P1074 System to lean (bank 2)
P2195 O2 sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 sensor 1
P2197 O2 sensor signal stuck lean bank 2 sensor 1
P1405 Differential pressure feedback sensor upstream hose off or plugged
P0171 System too lean (bank 1)

Sounds like im replacing some O2 sensors, but at the top of the page it says:
"ASE certified master technicians have seen this issue on your type of vehicle and the most likely solution is: replace mass air flow (MAF) sensor"

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a can of mass airflow sensor cleaner & spray it down to clean it (outside of it's housing of course) See if that works for you first instead of throwing parts at it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360