Follow-up to Leaking Sunroof!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks to the help of my friend Rwing21, I found the drains and cleared them as best I could but still had a little wetness issue. Then, I recalled a trick I use on old crankcase seals in my two stroke triples....I fill the cranks with Whites-Hydraulic stop-leak, let soak for a week or so then remove.... which causes the seals to swell to near new dimensions and stay that way for at least 2 or more years.

I went to my basement, got my gallon jug and repeatedly painted the sunroof seal all around.....did it a half dozen times in the morning and afternoon last week. Last night it poured....dry as a bone!!

Doesn't hurt paint either....the company "Whites" has been purchased by Blue Devil but the product is identical. I know because I called the factory in Baltimore and checked.

Amazon.com: White Shpherd Hydraulic Stop Leak (1 gallon): Automotive

Jeff

Last edited:

rwing21

Reaction score
Thanks to the help of my friend Rwing21, I found the drains and cleared them as best I could but still had a little wetness issue. Then, I recalled a trick I use on old crankcase seals in my two stroke triples....I fill the cranks with Whites-Hydraulic stop-leak, let soak for a week or so then remove.... which causes the seals to swell to near new dimensions and stay that way for at least 2 or more years.

I went to my basement, got my gallon jug and repeatedly painted the sunroof seal all around.....did it a half dozen times in the morning and afternoon last week. Last night it poured....dry as a bone!!

Doesn't hurt paint either....the company "Whites" has been purchased by Blue Devil but the product is identical. I know because I called the factory in Baltimore and checked.

Amazon.com: White Shpherd Hydraulic Stop Leak (1 gallon): Automotive

Jeff

Good to hear. Much cheaper than the route I went. It was $107 for the new sun roof seal from Ford.

Glad to hear you got it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1