For those adding an amp & sub to factory box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TC16XLT

Reaction score
Will the factory mounts be hiding under the left interior panel, if my 2016 XLT doesn't have a factory sub? I'm looking to free up the floor space my present sub enclosure takes up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will the factory mounts be hiding under the left interior panel, if my 2016 XLT doesn't have a factory sub? I'm looking to free up the floor space my present sub enclosure takes up.

I would like to say that the factory mount points for the sub encloser would still be present in the rear behind the panel on yours if they offer it in other models of the same year even if it didn't come factory with it.
I'm just guessing... You would have to pull the panel and check.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TC16XLT

Reaction score
I would like to say that the factory mount points for the sub encloser would still be present in the rear behind the panel on yours if they offer it in other models of the same year even if it didn't come factory with it.
I'm just guessing... You would have to pull the panel and check.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thank you.

I'm thinking that too, but wanted to know if anyone could verify, before I tore into it.

TC16XLT

Reaction score
Finished this yesterday. The most difficult part, for me at least, was mounting the somewhat smaller 8" sub to the outer ring if the factory sub, so it fit into the enclosure correctly. A couple u bolts, and an appropriate lower mount flanged bolt later, shes in. Not as floor shaking as the ported box, but I'll take the extra real estate.

Thanks all. All the help was greatly appreciated.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you use the factory enclosure? You had to of bought one...right?

TC16XLT

Reaction score
Did you use the factory enclosure? You had to of bought one...right?
Yes, there were a few used on Ebay, and I grabbed the least expensive of the bunch at $63. I'll add that I bought the one for a 2007, as part numbers cross referenced the same fitment for three different parts.