Ford Dealer Drilled Holes In my Front Bumper to Mount Dealer Vanity Plate!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mewn

Mewn

Reaction score
Great news, I went to dealership, "Al Packer Ford" in West Palm, and the manager immediately agreed to fix the damage with new parts. He was incredulous at the stupidity of the situation and apologized profusely.
Feeling so much better!
Thanks guys!

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to hear, had the same happen here in Michigan where front plate is not needed. This was on a VW. I noticed it and had them put in writing they would replace the front bumper, some other guy got one with holes

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Typical dealer greed. Why not use our customers' vehicle - which is their own and exclusive property - as advertising billboards for us? The only worse thing I've seen is mud flaps with big-fat dealer logos. I wouldn't accept delivery with this type of horsesh*t.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an issue with me advertising their product. You wanna pay me a monthly fee?

I ask that the dealer NOT put any of their advertising on my vehicle when I buy new.

Your dealer sounds like the kind of dealer everyone should get when they buy their vehicles.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back in the 50's and 60's we had a Chevy dealer here in San Francisco called Ellis Brooks that drilled into the left side of trunk, and put an Ellis Brooks placque there. I remember back when I was young, man I'd be pissed if I picked up my 59 Impala, and saw that on the trunk. Wonder how many trunks they had to Bondo and repaint, or replace?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I make sure I tell every dealer, I do not want there name on my new vehicle. Most use just a plastic plate frame.