Ford Dealer Service departments compared to other brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How come Ford dealers dont have easy, convenient, service departments and waiting rooms compared to most other vehicle brands? When I bring my ford to any local Ford dealers service department around my way I have to park outside and walk into the exhaust smelling service dept and tell the service advisor (that seems like im bothering him...)what I need, then proceed to the basic small waiting room.. But then you have these other brands (Nissan, Toyota, CHEVY, Audi, etc ) that have Nice service departments that have a nice automatic garage style door that opens when you pull up....you then drive inside the building and wait for the very friendy service advisor to walk up to your car and asks what service you need, you then give him the fob and then walk a short distance to the inviting, modern, waiting room with free snacks, magazines, and free coffee from an expensive kuerig machine and you comfortably watch tv as your vehicle is serviced while you wait. This was the Experience I had while doing my mother in law a favor and bringing her Audi in for an oil change. Very nice, and I know other brands (minus Ford) are just like this as I have been to those service depts also. Ford dealers around here waiting rooms are small and dont offer Anything! slacking.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the ford dealerships around southwestern, PA have all of the items you mention. Dealers are independent of the manufacturer and can choose to modernize at their discretion. Ford may incentivize them to modernize by taking away allocations and not allowing them to sell certain models unless they upgrade their facilities.

steve3591

Reaction score
Where are you located. I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area in CA. My Ford dealer is in Walnut Creek and is a beautiful and relaxing service area of the dealership.
When you get there you are greeted quickly and then you can wait in their waiting room with coffee YV and fast free wifi so you can stay connected during your stay.
We also make an appointment for whatever service or maintenance your vehicle needs so they are ready for you when you show up.
No having to drop off your car and wait for days or even weeks for work to be completed.
I don’t think we can put all the Ford dealerships in one pot so to speak. I feel bad if you have a bad dealership to go to but you need to look around some for a better one.
Car dealerships are like all other companies it’s always the people that make them good or bad.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where are you located. I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area in CA. My Ford dealer is in Walnut Creek and is a beautiful and relaxing service area of the dealership.
When you get there you are greeted quickly and then you can wait in their waiting room with coffee YV and fast free wifi so you can stay connected during your stay.
We also make an appointment for whatever service or maintenance your vehicle needs so they are ready for you when you show up.
No having to drop off your car and wait for days or even weeks for work to be completed.
I don’t think we can put all the Ford dealerships in one pot so to speak. I feel bad if you have a bad dealership to go to but you need to look around some for a better one.
Car dealerships are like all other companies it’s always the people that make them good or bad.
Im in north eastern mass and all the ford dealerships within 100 miles of me are trash old construction dealerships.

Air00Max

Reaction score
The two Ford dealerships that I utilize in Cincinnati are very nice. Great waiting areas, pull-in service bay, etc.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All of the Ford dealerships around me have outstanding customer reception and waiting facilities. Granted, all but two have been built new in the past ten years or so. The only difference between these Ford dealers and the closest Lincoln dealer (to me) is the quality of the donuts in the waiting area. Understand that, if you want pampering, go to a Lincoln dealer. They can do warranty work and service on Fords for nearly the same cost.

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here in So. Cal. Exceptional Service Dept. and Dealership personnel. Greet you and take your name and direct you to your Service Tech. Waiting area is large and comfortable with WiFi and coffee. Very organized and a well ran business.

Old Gearhead

Reaction score
I unfortunately agree with syndicatez. I have found the 3 dealers in western KY not up to Toyota standards for consistency or "sameness" (previously owned a Toyota). 2/3 had service writers about as friendly as rattlesnakes, never greeted me and acted like they were doing me a favor. The one dealer I finally found (about an hour away) has great technicians for major repairs and "acceptable" technicians for oil/rotation. But still never greeted by anyone and have to walk through doors before service writers are seen.
I found Toyota dealers consistent through the many states I traveled in how their service departments looked and operated. Toyota service areas are clearly marked, garage doors automatically open and you are greeted as you get out of your car. One of the Toyota dealers told me they were required to meet specific standards for their dealerships, ensuring a similar experience ( I have no way of confirming).

Roland A

Reaction score
university Ford in Durham, NC has all that you mentioned and more! Sounds like a dealer problem not a Ford problem.