Ford ESP Inspection - Dealers refusing to inspect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my local dealer refusing to perform the "Used Vehicle Inspection Checklist" required by Ford to purchase an ESP on my vehicle because I wasn't buying the ESP from them for obvious cost reasons.

Anybody else have this issue?

Last edited:

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh dang, I always wondered about that. Try another dealer. Or ask the dealer who you are buying the ESP from if an independent shop can do it.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm having an issue here in North NJ. I just had my local dealer refuse to perform the "Used Vehicle Inspection Checklist" required by Ford to purchase an ESP on my vehicle because I wasn't buying the ESP from them for obvious cost reasons.

Anybody else have this issue?

Perhaps ask the (refusing) dealer if they will match the price you have for the ESP? Tell them that you would be a new customer for them

It’s a long shot - but would save you the inspection fee and perhaps you could have the work done there?

Tazama

Reaction score
Try Lombard Ford warranties. They aren’t the cheapest out there but for the inspection process they actually go to you. Almost went with them till I found another.

OP
OP
B

Boosted

Reaction score
Try Lombard Ford warranties. They aren’t the cheapest out there but for the inspection process they actually go to you. Almost went with them till I found another.

Thank you for posting this! Their price was a little higher, but they price matched Ziegler and I am in the process of booking the inspection at my home. This couldn't have worked out any better.

I have to say the service from Lombard was exceptional. I spoke with Emma and she was amazing throughout the entire transaction.

OP
OP
B

Boosted

Reaction score
Perhaps ask the (refusing) dealer if they will match the price you have for the ESP? Tell them that you would be a new customer for them

It’s a long shot - but would save you the inspection fee and perhaps you could have the work done there?
I did this also. I spoke to their finance contact and they told me they couldn't even come close to the pricing. I sent the service department's refusal to the GM at the dealer asking if there was any way to maintain a relationship. I don't really think I want to send my vehicles to them for service in the future.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theres a reason the dealer sells these for more than the online places....

Shakeandbake

Reaction score
Just so I'm understanding the situation.. Ford won't sell you a warranty without 'inspecting' the car? What other manufacturer does this?