Ford ESP Inspection - Dealers refusing to inspect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Boosted

Reaction score
Just so I'm understanding the situation.. Ford won't sell you a warranty without 'inspecting' the car? What other manufacturer does this?
Since the vehicle is outside of the factory warranty of 36K miles the vehicle requires an inspection before the plan takes effect.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just so I'm understanding the situation.. Ford won't sell you a warranty without 'inspecting' the car? What other manufacturer does this?

Not unusual. The manufacturer are protecting themselves.

Cheaply, I buy a car with a blown engine or transmission, buy the ESP, then two weeks later - have it towed to the dealer and request the vehicle be repaired. That scenario is what the inspection prevents.

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
I buy a car with a blown engine or transmission, buy the ESP, then two weeks later - have it towed to the dealer and request the vehicle be repaired. That scenario is what the inspection prevents.
Well duh, because FRAUD never happens, yea right.... like when the dealers mark up those ESP's by like 1000% and tell you that you're getting a great deal & peace of mind....

Shakeandbake

Reaction score
ECU logs show 'when' a fault occurred. They'll happily deny outside the coverage period.. I think the bare minimum check is if the service records are up-to-date.

I've bought several manufacture warranties over the phone and dealers are happy to undercut eachother because the margin is so high.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every time I've purchased Ford ESP, My vehicle was still under the Ford 3/36 OEM warranty. If that is the case, I don't think they will care about the inspection as they are already obligated for any repairs.

I'm going to be in a new situation next year. My 2017 already has a Ford ESP plan which is due to expire in May of 2025. At that point, the truck will have approximately 60,000 miles on it (55,000 now) and I would be looking to purchase another Ford ESP contract.

Does anyone see any issues in purchasing a new contract at that point?

okiman

Reaction score
I went to my dealer for an inspection and got a list of items to fix with a cost of over 4k. So a called another dealer in the state and he sold me the ESP warranty over the phone with no inspection, he told me there was a 30 day “wait period” before I could bring anything already broken into to be fixed. Cost was higher then Ziegler but I didn’t need an inspection. May be worth a shot Mock Ford Ford https://www.mockfordsales.com/

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a ford premiumcare esp online on the ford protect website. They sent an inspector to inspect the vehicle. I didnt have to go to a ford dealer. Cant they send an inspector to you?

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe as long as you're under some kind of Ford warranty, 36/36 or ESP, you can get an ESP, or extend your ESP, without an inspection. If either lapse and you want a Ford ESP, it must be inspected. That's my understanding.

To @Mr Big ...pwrtrain is just that. Powertrain. If you AC goes out, or that big screen in the dash stops working, you're not covered.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every time I've purchased Ford ESP, My vehicle was still under the Ford 3/36 OEM warranty. If that is the case, I don't think they will care about the inspection as they are already obligated for any repairs.

I'm going to be in a new situation next year. My 2017 already has a Ford ESP plan which is due to expire in May of 2025. At that point, the truck will have approximately 60,000 miles on it (55,000 now) and I would be looking to purchase another Ford ESP contract.

Does anyone see any issues in purchasing a new contract at that point?

I purchased a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 and purchased the Ford ESP.

Before the ESP expired, I purchased (extended) the ESP for additional miles and time. I would have purchased a new vehicle (not necessarily a Ford) - but due to the shortage of vehicles, I decided to keep my Expedtion.

I had no problems extending the ESP. I got quotes from several Ford dealers, and then asked the Ford dealer where I have it serviced (different from where I bought it) to match the lowest price. The did without an issue.

The plan has paid for itself + some, as the Expedition has been repaired repeatedly at the dealer.