Ford Expedition reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I find that hard to believe...

The surveys are about as quick as they come. If you have no repairs to report, there's just an approximate odometer reading once every three months - takes me about ten seconds, most of it waiting for the page to load. The email I send has a link directly to the survey, no need to mess with logging in even.

Some years are now nearly half way to the minimum needed to get started. I did just start collecting data on three model years of the Explorer, and would like to also cover the Expedition.

Auto reliability research -- need more Expeditions!

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few other owners have asked me the same question recently.

For all years, 84. Most for any year is 13, for the 1999, followed by 10 for the 2005. A few others years have nine each.

Interest seems to vary a lot by model. The other day the 100th 2007 Acura MDX was enrolled, and I have over 100 responses for both the 2007 and 2008 large GM crossovers (that's per year).

Auto reliability research-need more Expeditions!

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it, I lost the paper I had of about 3 months worth of gas fuel ups and miles driven. Guess I have to start a new one.

BTW, should we be reporting if we have a custom tune installed, and are using 93 gas?

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The octane isn't an issue. The "custom tune" might be if it has a significant impact on fuel economy.

Still not enough owners signed up to include any year of the Expedition in the main reliability survey. 88 so far, but spread over many model years.

For the details, and to sign up to help get the Expedition into the survey, go here:

Vehicle reliability research

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by huklebuk
Just added mine

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Someone recently complained to me that I don't provide results for many domestic vehicles. They thought this was my fault, that I'm biased against the domestics.

Fact is, I'd like to provide reliability info on every model. But it's been harder to find enough participants for the domestics.

Still hoping to include the Expedition.

Details here:

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Closer, but not there yet.

Results for over 100 other models in May. I'd like to include the Expedition in future sets of results, but need owners' help to make this happen.