Ford field service action number 21B10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobward757

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t know how a software can fix this, unless it increases the crancking time at start up to feed oil to the phasers and mask the noise.

See the picture below that compares the new style phasers on our gen 2 (left) to old style on gen 1 (right). I guess this huge spring returns the phasers back to the resting position to lock and probably that’s why the plastic lock pin shears off. I am not a mechanical engineer, but that spring looks too strong for a small plastic pin!

View attachment 41035

By the way, this picture is taken from this video
Which video? Link please. Thank you

cmurphy2

Reaction score
My dealer did finally install the new body mounts and a shock absorber mount. The chock mount was the knocking My wife kept telling me it was from a loose/bad shock. She was right.

Hello, do you have a part number on the receipt for the front shock mount (s) you could post? Thanks.

RittCor

Reaction score
My 2018 Platinum just happened to be at a Lincoln dealership for a second opinion about the wastegate rattle and they performed this update. They say it's not the wastegate but the cat converter and are replacing it. Part gets here Monday, but that's a different thing.

Long story short I got the car back yesterday for the weekend and I swear it is running quieter than it was before. I had the VCT surgery earlier this year, so I can't say whether it will fix it, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1