FordPass Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kinda looks like option 2 is the no-brainer here for those of us who don't have a loved one needing the remote access NOW.

Thanks for posting!

jeff

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently there is nothing to allow FordPass to work with your Expy. You can get Ford Remote Access installed(Only Lock/Unlock, and Remote Start, no Telemetry). Probably going to be in the neighborhood of $400-$500 for the parts and install at the dealer. There are videos and people out there selling the kits, but like me, you have extended Warranty. Not doing Major screwing with the system without Dealer involved, so they cannot question Warranty. I see in your Sig pictures you have the antenna, so your install won't be like $800 like it was on our 15.

The second option is to wait for Ford to actually release the SmartLink. It will be an OBDII module, that will give the same features as Sync Connect in your wife's Escape, and will use the FordPass App. That is what I am doing for my Edge. I sent a query into the Ford Electronics Team a few days ago, and hopefully will get an estimate on the release date.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...2016-vehicles-with-connectivity-features.html
Thanks Ray, that sounds like a better plan.

My question is this; I have the Allstate Drivewise module that plugs into the OBDII port. Does anybody make a splitter so you can plug in two devices at once? or is there another OBDII port in the vehicle?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Ray, that sounds like a better plan.

My question is this; I have the Allstate Drivewise module that plugs into the OBDII port. Does anybody make a splitter so you can plug in two devices at once? or is there another OBDII port in the vehicle?

First thing...remove that Allstate Module and send it back. Not a fan! They basically are recording and reporting Everything you do. They say they won’t use it to increase your premium or give the data to police. That is just a matter of time. Where will they draw the line? Speed? Accelerated too quickly? Didn’t put your seatbelt on once?

But to answer your question, yes. I used to use one on my Passat. Kept one plugged in for my digital gauges from P3, and the other for programming and flashing. I had no issues.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing...remove that Allstate Module and send it back. Not a fan! They basically are recording and reporting Everything you do. They say they won’t use it to increase your premium or give the data to police. That is just a matter of time. Where will they draw the line? Speed? Accelerated too quickly? Didn’t put your seatbelt on once?

But to answer your question, yes. I used to use one on my Passat. Kept one plugged in for my digital gauges from P3, and the other for programming and flashing. I had no issues.
I've been all through that with them. It measures time of day, braking- essentially how fast you decelerate, and speed above and below 80 MPH. It doesn't monitor GPS, the Ford black boxes already do that and the police can get that info anytime there is an investigation. It saves me 5- 10% per vehicle based on driving habits. I'm going to keep it for now. Right now we just have my wife and I, and our 21 year old daughter who is still going to college on our plan. Our oldest daughter (25) still lives with us - just graduated college last year is on her own policy now and our son (28) is on his own so once number 2 daughter graduates our premiums should drop significantly. :D

kaz8772

Reaction score
You can actually purchase a Drone Mobile unit which will interface with your vehicle and allow you access to remote start, interior temp, door lock status, and many other features. I had one on my 2010 which was hardwired the drone mobile unit, the aftermarket alarm, and the factory keyless to control it. You would hit the factory keyless lock and it would arm and lock. You hit unlock and it would disarm and unlock doors. You would push lock on factory keyless three times and it would remote start (all using only the factory keyless remote). If the alarm went off it would call drone mobile app to notify. Worked really slick. The newer vehicles (newer than 2010) just plug into the bus system so you get even more functions (turn on heated seats and such).

I'll be putting it on my new 2017 F150 also.

I don't work for them - was just a user and I installed electronics back in the day for 15 years.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can actually purchase a Drone Mobile unit which will interface with your vehicle and allow you access to remote start, interior temp, door lock status, and many other features. I had one on my 2010 which was hardwired the drone mobile unit, the aftermarket alarm, and the factory keyless to control it. You would hit the factory keyless lock and it would arm and lock. You hit unlock and it would disarm and unlock doors. You would push lock on factory keyless three times and it would remote start (all using only the factory keyless remote). If the alarm went off it would call drone mobile app to notify. Worked really slick. The newer vehicles (newer than 2010) just plug into the bus system so you get even more functions (turn on heated seats and such).

I'll be putting it on my new 2017 F150 also.

I don't work for them - was just a user and I installed electronics back in the day for 15 years.
I have the factory remote start on mine. The FordPass system allows you to start the vehicle from anywhere with your cell phone. It's a nice feature if you park far enough away that you key won't start. As long as the vehicle is parked in a cellular area and can get a signal, it will start.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would push lock on factory keyless three times and it would remote start

And if anybody simultaneously press the 7/8 & 9/0 buttons on the drivers door keypad the truck would start. During the run time the alarm was disabled. (ie: glass break, tilt, dome light supervision, interior motion) Which is why mine was removed.

MADEXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Andy, did you ever solve this issue? I have a 2017 KR and I am looking at this...