Front end vibration and noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Kossowan

Reaction score
My 2016 has an issue with minor noise and vibration coming from the front end when making a turn.

Outside of noticing it there is no apparent tire wear nor mechanical difficulty. I bought the vehicle used and it came that way.

My Expedition has 84K miles, I like the vehicle and would like to get it resolved.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2016 has an issue with minor noise and vibration coming from the front end when making a turn.

Outside of noticing it there is no apparent tire wear nor mechanical difficulty. I bought the vehicle used and it came that way.

My Expedition has 84K miles, I like the vehicle and would like to get it resolved.
Jack it up and check for wheel movement.

210M

Reaction score
I've got a 2016 with 85,000 mi, and I'm experiencing something similar. Groaning / moaning on cool mornings when making slow turns, but no vibration in my case.

So, I'm interested to hear some theories as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a 2016 with 85,000 mi, and I'm experiencing something similar. Groaning / moaning on cool mornings when making slow turns, but no vibration in my case.

So, I'm interested to hear some theories as well.

Sounds like maybe power steering, I would change the fluid with Mercon V for starters.

210M

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe power steering, I would change the fluid with Mercon V for starters.
I've only been the owner for a few months so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's an electronic power steering system.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've only been the owner for a few months so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's an electronic power steering system.

They did switch to that when they went to the V-6.

OP
OP
B

Bill Kossowan

Reaction score
I’ll have to make an appointment and get it into the shop to get checked out.

I’ve lived with it for awhile and it hasn’t worsened over time, but the smart move is fix it.

Thought I would ask the group with the thought that I wasn’t over looking the obvious, hoping it might be something simple, possibly something I could DIY repair.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I’ve lived with it for awhile and it hasn’t worsened over time, but the smart move is fix it.

Thought I would ask the group with the thought that I wasn’t over looking the obvious, hoping it might be something simple, possibly something I could DIY repair.
I'm still leaning towards PS but good luck

210M

Reaction score

Just wanted check in and see if you were ever able to diagnose the problem.

210M

Reaction score
Welp, hope that your problem ends up being different from mine. I finally got around to taking my expedition to the shop... It needs a new rear differential.