Front screen dvd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsuper

Reaction score
I have a 2016 limited with sync3 no nav and I put in a dvd to see if it would play but it would not. Do I have to have nav for the screen to play movies?

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even with the navigation it wont play DVD's. It a huge liability issue if Ford allowed that. Distracted driving is bad enough with cell phones.

Can you imagine the increase in accidents if people were watching movies while driving?

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even with the navigation it wont play DVD's. It a huge liability issue if Ford allowed that. Distracted driving is bad enough with cell phones.

Can you imagine the increase in accidents if people were watching movies while driving?
Thats what IPads are for. Uh...a friend told me.

I used to have head unit that was just a knockout for functionality. It had video inputs, 3 video outputs (RCA), DVD, MPeg, rear camera input, and a really nice Nav system. And for a year, it was great. Then the screen blacked out. Still funcitonal as a touchscreen, just no image.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
big brother stopped dvds from being able to be played, its not just ford, its every vehicle for USA market
they need to find a way to stop texting and driving

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not in motion or not at all?

My bimmer plays DVDs in park stock, and can supposedly be hacked to play em in motion

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First thing I did with our '12 KR was to install a Lockpick in the vehicle. Enter information into GPS while in motion, turn on rear camera while driving to check on the trailer I'm pulling, and co pilot can watch a movie or a tv episode while I'm driving. Great unit, not a bit of problem with it since purchase

MrTommy

Reaction score
Enter information into GPS while in motion

This has been my biggest complaint with all GPS gear, whether in our Expy or the TomTom we use in our pickup. Wifey is the co-pilot and navigator and it gripes me to have to stop so SHE can make changes in our route. The TomTom will now (I guess after the latest software upgrade) allow the person fiddling with it to say "I'm not the driver" (an obvious CYA by TomTom) and make necessary changes while under way.