Gear Shifter Rubber Piece - Part #???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone please help identify the name or part # of the rubber piece that goes over the gear shifter and possibly a good place to buy it other than the dealer?

gear.JPG

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1L2Z 3513 AA is the Part number for the part on EBay I recently got it. paid $25 to 35$ I paid 32.99 because the dude had a 100% satisf. grade

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
NNOOOO! you need to disconnect the shifter, remove it and slide the shifter thru the hole.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
found these instructions online with the manufacturer:

Step 1: Remove the overdrive switch from the end of the shifter. Use a tiny screw driver to pry the button cover off, then use needle nose pliers to pull the button out. Gently pull the button until you have access to the wire connector. Open the wire connector and the leads will slide out.

Step 2. Unsecure the top and bottom steering column covers (they do not need to be removed) to gain access to the where the shifter mounts to the column. The shifter is secured by a pin that needs to be removed. In order for the pin to slide all the way out you will need to move the shifter to "R" or "N". The "catch 22" is that you need the key to move the shifter, but with the key in the ignition you won't be able to drive the pin out. So you will have to use your finger to activate the key release micro-switch (arrowed in picture) to remove the key.

step 3. Simply drive the pin up and out to release the shifter (notice I don't have the shifter in the correct position in the below picture). Then gently pull the overdrive switch wires out of the shifter. Replace the shifter boot.

step 4. Reverse the process to reassemble and enjoy your new, fresh looking shifter boot!

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
found these instructions online with the manufacturer:

Step 1: Remove the overdrive switch from the end of the shifter. Use a tiny screw driver to pry the button cover off, then use needle nose pliers to pull the button out. Gently pull the button until you have access to the wire connector. Open the wire connector and the leads will slide out.

Step 2. Unsecure the top and bottom steering column covers (they do not need to be removed) to gain access to the where the shifter mounts to the column. The shifter is secured by a pin that needs to be removed. In order for the pin to slide all the way out you will need to move the shifter to "R" or "N". The "catch 22" is that you need the key to move the shifter, but with the key in the ignition you won't be able to drive the pin out. So you will have to use your finger to activate the key release micro-switch (arrowed in picture) to remove the key.

step 3. Simply drive the pin up and out to release the shifter (notice I don't have the shifter in the correct position in the below picture). Then gently pull the overdrive switch wires out of the shifter. Replace the shifter boot.

step 4. Reverse the process to reassemble and enjoy your new, fresh looking shifter boot!

Thank you. Step 1 is not needed though. I found you can remove the OD wire by releasing the connector behind the steering column cover. I think that was easier than trying to use a small screw driver and needle nose pliers. Definitely nice to look at the new shifter boot.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I need to eventually replace mine too for the same reason