Good things ARE coming our way from ICON Vehicle Dynamics, or so they say

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grover6

Reaction score
Well, for what it is worth, I sent off an email to Icon asking about upgrades for my '16 ,and they said that they were working on a product for it...

Guess we will see. Hope it is sooner than later. Need to get on the build!

Dan G

Reaction score
Anyone hear an update on availability? I'm debating replacing my shocks with Bilsteins or waiting for this kit to come out...

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone hear an update on availability? I'm debating replacing my shocks with Bilsteins or waiting for this kit to come out...

Not heard anything. I blew a rear shock so had to do something now.
I went with the Bilsteins they are cheap enough for the time being.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not heard anything. I blew a rear shock so had to do something now.
I went with the Bilsteins they are cheap enough for the time being.

These would work on our 15-17s up front with the two vertical studs that attach to the LCA
16D4C08C-A2D5-4324-A47A-3921E0CCEEFC.png

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup any F150 coilover even the ICONs will work but you are stuck with a mismatched rear.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup any F150 coilover even the ICONs will work but you are stuck with a mismatched rear.

Not worth the money in my opinion unless all you do is off-road 24-7

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Readylift is nothing more than a strut spacer that you pop on top of the factory strut essentially pushing everything up X”s (based upon the kit purchased) the most popular for the Expedition is 3” front and 2” for the rear. It also tends to provide crap ride quality. The Expedition is an independent suspension front and rear so the ride quality is not degraded too much. Spacers on a live axle are horrendous for ride quality.

This is a completely new coilover assembly completely. Likely will be height adjustable from 0-2.5” (considering that is the F150 models adjustability).
For other models there is a coilover, a coilover with external reservoir, and a coilover with external reservoir and dampening adjustability.

So you gain much more suspension travel without loosing ride quality and not particularly loosing longevity of the other factory suspension parts. In some cases and application ride quality is improved over stock.

Here is a video somewhat explaining the difference.

The coilover is the ride height adjustable type.
Granted in this video the Bilstein 5100 is the strut only and you reuse the rest of your stock components and the ICON will be a completely new unit the principle and engineering behind the two are the same.

I'm confused: " It also tends to provide crap ride quality. The Expedition is an independent suspension front and rear so the ride quality is not degraded too much."
which is it?

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm confused: " It also tends to provide crap ride quality. The Expedition is an independent suspension front and rear so the ride quality is not degraded too much."
which is it?

Depends on if you are an independent suspension or not.
Ride quality is degraded in both the matter of how much is dependent upon the setup.
Independent suspension helps to soften it out.

I’ll say that I now have rear spacers as they are the only option at the moment.
Paired with Bilstein 4600 I am very surprised and impressed on how well they ride compared to other vehicle I have ridden in with spacers.

Gr4ck3L

Reaction score
If the plan was to upgrade suspension (over 3"), and the effort ends up looking at aftermarket f-150 front end suspension, would there be a reason not to convert to a complete OEM Raptor front suspension for corrected geometry (besides cost)? I searched the forums but I didn't really see anything in that lane.

The backend would be a whole other ball of wax.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the plan was to upgrade suspension (over 3"), and the effort ends up looking at aftermarket f-150 front end suspension, would there be a reason not to convert to a complete OEM Raptor front suspension for corrected geometry (besides cost)? I searched the forums but I didn't really see anything in that lane.

The backend would be a whole other ball of wax.

Raptors are wider than F150's, so the geometry wouldn't necessarily be exactly the same

Geometry correcting aftermarket F150 parts might work better, all front control arms should fit iirc

And as to the steering and 4wd stuff, I haven't a clue what is or isn't compatible at all