Green cluster lights --- alas, we're stuck with em

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't be swapped. No bulbs no sockets, just a PCB with tiny soldered LEDs.

2017-12-07 08.03.58.jpg 2017-12-07 08.03.44.jpg

...Shit.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not a problem, it is called "smt" for surface mount technology. It is somewhat tedious for a newcomer but what was soldered on can be unsoldered.

It would be good if there was enough room to mount rgb LEDs. That way would could change colors easily.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep on the blurry pic. If the white squares are the LEDs then it isn't that bad. Wait until you have to use a video camera or magnifying glass to zoom in on the components.

If there is enough room for an rgb led at each spot, all you need is a controller an thin film pcb for the LEDs.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Flexible-Printed-Circuits/

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theyre like 3 mm to a side, seem too tiny to work with...

On a side note, tearing it apart finally finished off my already pre-broken odometer reset button (or rather the plastic button-presser thingie)...any ideas where to get a replacement?

As usual, problem with looking for it is not being sure what it's supposed to be called

Last edited:

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve desoldered stuff before. I actually enjoy soldering. Anyway, someone ambitious could swap out those LEDs for a color of your choice for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro