Green03-What Chip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djljr

Reaction score
I have an '03 4.6L Expy with 44K miles on the clock; bone stock. This spring I am planning a few cosmetic mods but also want to give the 4.6 a little more grunt; looking for torque. I live in San Antonio and a local shop here that does a lot of Ford upgrades, mosty F150s, is pushing the Predator Delta Chip. What would you recommend? Is programming required? Is dyno tuning necessary? I am looking for a plugnplay chip, no dyno tuning, more low end and if mileage improves, great but that is secondary to more low end performance.

OP
OP
D

djljr

Reaction score
Originally posted by green03
www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com

There is a shop in San Antonio that can sell my tuning (Trucksource Diesel) or drop me an email from the website.

Green,
Visited the website which is "COMING SOON"; can't email you from website that isn't up and running.

What I need to know is where to get the chip and how to tune. Are there canned maps for stock configurations? does change in exhaust and intake require custom tune? on a dyno? Who? Where? How about a telephone number? Is the telephone number shown on the website a good number? I need details.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that is my site with my email address on it in the contact info that works perfectly....LOL . I didn't want to post it in public. This isn't my main business right now as I am an engineer that works on this kind of stuff for others, I don't want to be big right now but I will spend alot more time working with you than the average shop and I guarantee the custom files are much better than any canned product.

I have made custom files for these trucks and they make a world of difference on the 4.6 especially with the shift points bumped a little over stock. Intakes and exhaust don't need anything special depending on the intake you choose.... if you keep the stock maf housing there is no change needed over stock, if you remove the sensor out of the factory sensor housing and put it in a tube it does make a difference.

OP
OP
D

djljr

Reaction score
that is my site with my email address on it in the contact info that works perfectly....LOL . I didn't want to post it in public. This isn't my main business right now as I am an engineer that works on this kind of stuff for others, I don't want to be big right now but I will spend alot more time working with you than the average shop and I guarantee the custom files are much better than any canned product.

I have made custom files for these trucks and they make a world of difference on the 4.6 especially with the shift points bumped a little over stock. Intakes and exhaust don't need anything special depending on the intake you choose.... if you keep the stock maf housing there is no change needed over stock, if you remove the sensor out of the factory sensor housing and put it in a tube it does make a difference.

OK, so how to I get a chip and tune?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
send me an email...... PMs don't work here give me your phone number as well and i can give you a call

and the 03 is reflash only so no chip possible. Custom tune packages starting at $350

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

djljr

Reaction score
send me an email...... PMs don't work here

No email address on your website under Contacts; can't get past the "COMING SOON" cover.

Send your email address and/or telephone number to [email protected]

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's funny... there is a "contact matt" at the bottom of the home page too.....LOL

what browser are you using?
my number is 9793244348

OP
OP
D

djljr

Reaction score
that's funny... there is a "contact matt" at the bottom of the home page too.....LOL

what browser are you using?
my number is 9793244348

Something is amiss; here is the link to the site I have been pullig up;

http://www.trucksourcediesel.com/

There is no contact information and not "contact matt" at the bottom of the home page. So, I have pulled up the wrong site or am too stupid to figure out why I can't find what you say I am supposed to find there. I will give you a call tomorrow.