Greetings from the newbie, with some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Last Thursday the wife and I bought an 06 Expedition Limited 4x4 for jockeying kiddos around. So far we love the vehicle, but it does have a few issues. Luckily I've found good fixes for most of them thanks to this forum which is why I registered. I was starting to get a bit nervous thinking I had bought my wife a hunk of junk but it seems like the things wrong with her car are all common issues which is a bit of a relief. Here's a photo of it I snapped right after we signed the papers:

20150423_115623_zpsy8dasxdk.jpg

That being said, I've already started working on a few little problems and freshening up the fluids. I found this very helpful thread (http://www.expeditionforum.com/f27/...ilter-change-pan-drain-plug-kit-install-8199/) on doing a trans fluid change, and just wanted to verify that the passenger side line going to the trans cooler mounted in front of the radiator is the pressure line. The lines on our rig look slightly different than those in the photo. On that note... why can't Ford just put a dang drain plug in the torque converter or the pan??? :shooter::gr_guns:
Up next is troubleshooting the rear wiper motor, and repairing my failed repair on the driver's side seat switch panel.

I'm a Ford guy at heart and my main ride is a 97 F350 XLT crew cab long box 4x4 with the 7.3L PowerStroke and a 5 speed manual transmission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While your checking things out Look under the rear for the Fuel Pump Drivers Module.
This module is only on the 05 and 06 expeditions and can cause you some problems The biggest issue with the module is corrosion which will cause the module to fail. For any further information on this look at the following link.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f41/crank-no-start-p1233-fuel-pump-driver-module-22543/#post182030

This! I had some rough running I could trace and this was it. Told a friend with a similar truck and he checked and ended up replacing his as it was corroded before he got stuck.

OP
OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
While your checking things out Look under the rear for the Fuel Pump Drivers Module.
This module is only on the 05 and 06 expeditions and can cause you some problems The biggest issue with the module is corrosion which will cause the module to fail. For any further information on this look at the following link.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f41/crank-no-start-p1233-fuel-pump-driver-module-22543/#post182030

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check that out!