Grinding noise and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldGoalie915

Reaction score
I have a 03 Eddie Bauer Expy with 198K on it. Right after we bought it it started making a strange vibration occasionally when at speed. The best way to describe it would be driving over a cattle guard or road marker bumps on a highway. This was totally random and only lasts about 1/2 a second.
When I went on a hockey trip recently I had a PRNDL code come up and had to replace a relay. Luckily I figured out what it was and a parts store had one.
Well a week ago my son took it out to help a buddy get out of some sand. Long story short he put it in 4 low and did not know how to get it out. So naturally he drove it home, about 20 -25 miles, with it that way. I did get it out of 4L and have since instructed him on how to do it.
Fast forward to right after and it is making a grinding sound and vibration when turning to left. I have not had it in 4H or 4L so I am not sure if it is doing it in those. Have not noticed it when not turning.
I took it to a shop and they told me a hub and differential and 1450.00 to do it. I am waiting on a second opinion right now. They mentioned something about the vacuum being messed up.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: