had to tell somone,lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

01xltexpo

Reaction score
i have 2 kids, 1 8month old and one 2year old, i couldnt emagen somthing happening to them, do you know if buy here pay here will improve my credit?

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont know about your place but where my buddy went and got his expy they report every month so just be on time and if they report it your credit will go up.

OP
OP

01xltexpo

Reaction score
just thought i would ad that my new expy just got wrecked! i wife called said someone smashed her in the side, she's ok, but the expy isnt. She was going to pick up a check and me and the kids were going to come with her but we decided not to, good thing, the car hit her were my 2 year old would have been sitting!Thank you jesus!!

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow!!! thats crazy but thank god your wife is ok. One of my biggest fears is having to bury my own child before she can bury me.

OP
OP

01xltexpo

Reaction score
i know, the whole side is smashed in, i just got off the phone with the other guys insurance and there picking it up tomarrow and leaven us a rental car. Man am i glad we bought an expedition, she wanted a toyota celica there bought i talked her out of it,lol

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had you guys bought the Celica she wouldve been seriously injured from a side impact like that. (in my opinion)

jsbaker

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the damage to your Expedition, better hope it is repairable otherwise you are out alot of equity since you put $5K down on it and have not had it long. I just got my expedition about two weeks ago after loosing my 2002 explorer to a concrete barrier on the freeway. Out of all the vehicles I have owned I loved my explorer like none other. I am writing to comment on your questions about the "buy here pay here" dealer. Due to credit issues I have purchased quite a few vehicles from in house finance car dealers over the years. My 2002 explorer came from one, had it 5 months before it was totaled. Luckily I put a total of $3300.00 down on it so I ended up with money left over after insurance totaled it. The expedition came from the same dealer and we also purchased a silverado Z71 ex. cab for my partner from the same dealer a week after we got the expediton. 27% interest in kinda high, the 3 I have gotten from this dealer have been 18% but it may all depend on where you live. I've paid higer than 18% at a couple dealers i have dealt with in the past. That's why those dealers are in business and how they can finance people with not so good credit, by charging the high interest. If you need a vehicle you pay what it takes to get it done. As for the credit reporting. Unless they specifically say they report to credit don't assume buying from them is going to help your credit in anyway. Even if they say they report to credit you might ask if they report all payments or only late payments. Some of them say oh yeah we report to credit but all they really report is when you are late paying. Good luck on getting yourexpedition fixed.

Last edited:

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by jsbaker
As for the credit reporting. Unless they specifically say they report to credit don't assume buying from them is going to help your credit in anyway. Even if they say they report to credit you might ask if they report all payments or only late payments. Some of them say oh yeah we report to credit but all they really report is when you are late paying. Good luck on getting yourexpedition fixed.

That is correct and by the way nice first post.

OP
OP

01xltexpo

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i hope they can repair is aslo. yea them newr explorer's are nice, we also looked at 02 explorer before we bought the expedition, we really loved it but have a 94 explorer and we were ready for somthing alittle more roomy, at least i was, my wife wants alittle compact car, but after lastnite she is so happy we got the expedition, I still would like to get one of the newer explorer's in the future, i really like there body style. I'm defanitly going to be alittle smarter when i find my next buy here pay here.And find someone to wacth the kids, we just moved down here from indiana and we dont know anyone here, it was so hard to keep the kidy's under control when we were there for over 3 hours. i'm about to go make my firts payment on it and i hardly been able to drive it,lol.