Halogens on Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious about the LED puddle lamps. Is there a particular reason that so many choose those from Brightlites vs the ones that are available on Amazon from Lightdu, MallofUSA, iJDMTOY, moforkit or others? All are significantly less costly than the ones from Brightlites.

OP
OP
B

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I looked, most were $20-$30. The License plate lights are $20 bucks. so cost was about the same for the small searching I did. There are also plenty of photos on this forum and I liked what I saw.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious about the LED puddle lamps. Is there a particular reason that so many choose those from Brightlites vs the ones that are available on Amazon from Lightdu, MallofUSA, iJDMTOY, moforkit or others? All are significantly less costly than the ones from Brightlites.

I went the Brightlites route because folks on here had used them and were pleased. And I am a bigger fan than anyone of Amazon, but in this case, I liked that Brightlites was a company I could pick up the phone and call if the bulbs didn’t work, didn’t fit, shorted out and turned my Expi into a Ferrari, etc.

And as far as cost goes, I didn’t spend the better part of $100 grand to turn around and save $20 on what will likely be the only “mod” I undertake.

Last edited:

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI... IMO the License Plate LED's that they throw in are about worth as much as you pay for them... Give them a try and see what you think... My puddle lights came with those LED's for the License Plate and they were about 1/2 as bright as the one's that I ordered from Headhlight Revolution.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brightlites was recommended on the F150 forums as well as the Explorer forums. That is why I ordered mine from them.

OP
OP
B

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI... IMO the License Plate LED's that they throw in are about worth as much as you pay for them... Give them a try and see what you think... My puddle lights came with those LED's for the License Plate and they were about 1/2 as bright as the one's that I ordered from Headhlight Revolution.

Are they white?

I’m more interested in color temp than brightness. Cops don’t need to be able to read my plate at night [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they white?

I’m more interested in color temp than brightness. Cops don’t need to be able to read my plate at night [emoji6]

Haha, that’s what I was thinking! Why would anyone want to shine their license plate brighter?? I want those speed cameras to have to work harder, lol.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha, that’s what I was thinking! Why would anyone want to shine their license plate brighter?? I want those speed cameras to have to work harder, lol.

True.
But ay least on the expy, the light is facing down, so it is proving a bit more light towards the ground. Kinda like the puddle lights do.

@Yukon Joe