1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone added these mirrors Trail ridge. https://www.1aauto.com/2003-10-ford-expedition-driver-a

Discussion in '2nd Gen - 2003 - 2006' started by JAES1, Oct 12, 2020.

Has anyone installed these mirrors pictures would be great tkz

1. All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JAES1

JAES1 New Member

2. Dwilds

Dwilds Member

Here are some shots of those mirrors on a 2003 Ford Expedition XLT on a recent camping trip to Yellowstone.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55 Well-Known Member

I have them on mine and absolutely love them. One of the best things I've done to it. I can see so much better

4. BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55 Well-Known Member

I love them. Can see so much with them.

IMG_20201017_121034991_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201017_121026954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201017_121014421_HDR.jpg

5. GomezAddams

GomezAddams New Member

I've installed four sets of these since they came out a couple years ago. The price has increased about $50 and the quality of the plastic material used in the housing has decreased. I just replaced a passenger mirror last week. The plastic housing actually broke when folding the mirror in to avoid it being smacked in a parking structure. The plastic is ABS I think. It is very rigid, but too much so. I think some flexibility is required to prevent damage when the mirrors are folded in or out.

Fit is decent, not amazing but not terrible. They include foam insulation around the mounting studs to reduce wind noise (wind noise will increase; unavoidable due to their size and design) and exterior air infiltration.

Aside from this I do love the view they provide with or without a trailer. The ability to see what would normally be a blind spot is great.

I've sent them several messages over the years, which they always respond to. Specifically, I suggested that they should have an option for owners to use the currently deleted turn signal in my year model. It would be easy to run wiring adding this feature to the first generation Expy.