Has anyone use these Tow Mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyMMA

Reaction score
HI,

We just purchased a fully Loaded 2010 Expedition EL Limited with 60,000 miles. We also just purchased a 2008 Keystone Outback 30BHQ. Just before I purchased the truck I bought a bunch of stuff from a friend who just sold their ex as they have a driving RV now. With it came the silly strap on extend-a mirrors. They worked enough to get us from NY to NH, but still left a lot to be desired.

I found these and was wondering if anyone has used them or any experience with them:

2010 Ford Expedition Power Heated Puddle Light Memory Turn Signal Telescoping Textured Towing Upgrade Mirror Pair at 1A Auto.com

They resemble the Factory Tow Mirrors available on the F-150's. No powerfold, but i rarely use that option.

Price is not too bad, I will loose the little color match portion i have now, but the truck is Tuxedo Black so really not noticable.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Matt.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There have been a few members that have installed them.
Do a search here on the forum for Towing Mirrors and you can read their posts

OP
OP
MattyMMA

MattyMMA

Reaction score
I've just did your search and i can't find anyone who has actually used them. I did see that 1A is a sponsor on this site so thats good i guess.

I'm looking for experiences and if possible a picture, or if you can find it a link to a specific thread. 07+ please.

Thanks,
Matt.

OP
OP
MattyMMA

MattyMMA

Reaction score
That's great! Thanks! yeah i don't know. I was looking pretty good, maybe the title not having Towing Mirrors but Tow mirrors? Or i did something funny.

Anyway thanks. Looks like little changes need to be made to them, but overall an improvement.

Matt.

braddaddy

Reaction score
If you use those strap on mirrors, be sure to leash then to your existing mirrors with some string. I almost lost one on the highway and use the leash just in case.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There have been a few that used them, most people have returned them or sold them due to the vibrations. I've read lots of mixed reviews on 1A mirrors I have decided that I would just get OE ones (if available) or use clip ons.

OP
OP
MattyMMA

MattyMMA

Reaction score
They don't really make factory OEM ones. These apparently are made close but are cheaper knock offs. I have seen where a few fixes can fix some of the issues and make a really good mirror. But being around $400 for these is pricey. But doing lots of towing with some strap or slide ons doesn't seem great either.

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HI Matt, If you have any questions I can help you out. Our tow mirrors are made well and include a lifetime warranty on them.

Best Regards,
Tony