head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timo482

Reaction score
The head lights on my 2015 f150 are many times brighter than the lights on my 2008 expedition limited. suggestions for real improved replacements please.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your headlight lens are yellowed, I'd recommend using one of those restoration kits. You sand off the UV damaged plastic and then polish it clear again. Then I'd recommend finding LED bulbs for your 2008.

Thats all I got.

2011EL

Reaction score
If your headlight lens are yellowed, I'd recommend using one of those restoration kits. You sand off the UV damaged plastic and then polish it clear again. Then I'd recommend finding LED bulbs for your 2008.
^^ What he said ^^

I just replaced the OEM halogen bulbs in my 2011 with LED bulbs. Incredible difference. It always felt like we were driving blind at night as the stock lights were fairly dim. The new LEDs light up the fence at the end of my street. I feel like an idiot for not swapping them out years ago.

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^ What he said ^^

I just replaced the OEM halogen bulbs in my 2011 with LED bulbs. Incredible difference. It always felt like we were driving blind at night as the stock lights were fairly dim. The new LEDs light up the fence at the end of my street. I feel like an idiot for not swapping them out years ago.
And witch LED's did you use please?

2011EL

Reaction score
And witch LED's did you use please?
I went with the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 lights. I swapped out the headlights, fog lights, and puddle lights at the same time - all from Morimoto. I absolutely love the headlights and the puddle lights. The projection fog lights are so-so. I wish they would've released the 4-Banger fog lights when I was looking. Oh well. The headlights more than make up for it.

Goofy173

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just get new enclosures. I've did Maguires and other restorations and none last like new ones. I put new ones on my grand am 2 years ago and like brand new. I did restores on those like every year. My blazer and Versa I've restored about every year too. I've been considering new for my expy2011. Its just starting to get bad