Headlight Fog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnovalles73

Reaction score
Somewhere down the road I plan to upgrade my headlights to....something aftermarket, I really don't know yet. Til then the stock ones are pretty well fogged up/oxidized and I want to clean them up. I've seen a bunch of different kits and pastes to restore the lenses and wonder if anyone has tried any of them and give me some recommendations. Some are waymore expensive than others and don't want to spend an afternoon dislocating my shoulder trying to clean it up with the wrong one if there's one out there that helps me do it in half the time.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard the Mothers powerball works and its used on a drill. Less elbow grease.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i tried it...wasnt happy...maybe i needed a high power 17 volt drill idk...minimum when i did it...i used miguiars...not drill...was pleased with that...ELBOW GREASE!!!

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
The best stuff I have found is "3M Perfect-It". It has a few different grades, so, get either the Perfect-It II or the Perfect-It III (Grade 2). A terry cloth towel, a little bit of elbow grease and the lenses will look like new. After that, get your hands on a little bit of car polish and put a coat of wax on your headlights and you will be golden for a year plus.

Now, the trick is finding the Perfect-It. The only place I have been able to find it is at a place that sells automotive paints in the quart/gallon cans. So, you will have to look around for a dedicated automotive paint store. Your local auto parts store will more than likely not carry it unless they have a big paint area. Even then...... So, that is the down side to this product. But the upside is that it works on everything. Paint, check. Chrome, check. Glass, check. Headlights, check.

hellrazer

Reaction score
i used a small high speed buffer and mothers aluminum polish when i did mine on the truck and on the sho and it took the yellowing and scratches out made them look crystal clear again.
Jason