Headlight Retrofit Part 2. This time with Halo/Demon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well After a few months I decided I wanted to go to a bigger set of projectors. The little 2.5" projectors just looked tiny in that big headlight. This time I got a set of 3" Projectors, and thought I'd try Halo's & Demon Eyes.

Here you can see I painted the reflector bowls satin black, and I'm using chrome Iris shrouds for the 3" projectors.

retro1.jpg

I decided I wanted to try a street legal Demon Eye setup, so I picked up a set of amber LED strip lights and mounted them behind the lens.

retro2.jpg

They Look pretty good when lit up by themselves.

retro3.jpg

retro4.jpg

I also decided to run a set of Morimoto XBLED Halo's. Good lord these things are bright!!! So bright that they completely drown out the Amber demon eyes.

retro5.jpg

Here they are with nothing turned on. I kinda like how they turned out with the black reflector bowl. You really can't even see the chrome Iris shroud, all you see is the blackness, with the yellow ring.

retro6.jpg

retro7.jpg

Here they are with the Halo's & Demon eyes turned on. As you can see, the amber is almost completely washed out. The halo's are so bright, you can even see them in direct sunlight with no problems.

retro8.jpg

retro9.jpg

Next project... Figure out how in the heck I'm gonna get those 2.5" projectors in the Foglight housings.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man looks sick hows the light output compared to the last set?

OP
OP
jasonlmarsh

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The light output on these is a pretty close to the same as the MH1's I had. They seem to have a wider beam, and less foreground light, but the color and intensity in the middle is about the same. The reflector bowl is shaped and sized almost the same as the MH1. I did have one side with a fuzzy/yellow cutoff line. I had to bend up the cutoff shield a bit until I got the cleanest cutoff possible. It's weird because up close, like in my garage, the cutoff line is yellow, but over about 15 feet or so, the cutoff is blue.

atmasters

Full Access Members
Reaction score
love the look of these. I want to go to this style as well but might just buy the whole headlight assembly. Did you make these or did you buy the whole light assembly ?

OP
OP
jasonlmarsh

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only aftermarket projector style light for our trucks that I know of, has 2 smaller projectors with small halo's. I just didn't like the look on my truck with those small projectors. One single large projector looked better in the huge housing IMO

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is how $50K truck was supposed to come from factory. Ford cheapened on some parts of vehicle. My 20 year old Lexus has prOjectors but my 2011 EL LIMITED with m.s.r.p. of almost $60K does not have go figure.