Headlights not very bright

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine aren't. They are just straight bulb replacements. The only thing different is you have to wire in the ballast box and that's not hard.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It is illegal and very dangerous for incoming driver to do that. You need to have projectors installed.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Elvato stated, the second gens don't have as big a problem cause of the dual light design. Not one person has complained to me about my lights and that includes the cops in my neighborhood as well. I haven't tried it because I don't have one, but what about just reaiming the headlights a little lower if you put the HID bulbs in? How wide the beam is isn't the problem, just how high it progects.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who says its illegal...when i had them in my OEMs...i drove pass and pulled up behind cops...city...sherrifs...state...and not one said anything or did anything...i see a state every morning at 7 eleven and he compliments me...VA

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought you would get the joke haha But seriously my 1997 headlights are alright but I would think the 2012 should be much improved? I still plan to replace them for brighter niceer look anyways.

OP
OP
N

NMExpy

Reaction score
Yes, but how much money?
Legal?

It was just the bulbs with ballasts and if I remember correctly was around $150. Made a world of difference. Don't see what would be illegal about them. A lot of new cars come with HIDs. Sylvania makes some Ultrabright bulbs but from what I've read they don't last very long.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid $35 per set for nine frm eBay...others have paid $50-$70 frm ddtuning.com and are very happy with quality...$150 is too much unless its factory...even then...go to tascaparts on vendor section...they beat dealer pricing for ford parts...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65