Heartbreaking News Article

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennyD

Reaction score
Such a sad story - this was on GMA or something yesterday, and the commentator said this makes 37 or 38 child hot car deaths this year. We always have a few tragedies in Atlanta, and it is hard to fathom. The comments on this story noted that the 11 year old might have been non-verbal and special needs, so perhaps there is more to the story? Just a terrible situation all around and my heart aches for this family.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well...according to the article this was an 11 year-old girl that was old enough to exit on her own after a shopping trip. My 11 year-old is clever enough to get out of the car if it’s too hot in there so something else is going on with this story. It’s reasonable to believe your 11 year-old is fully capable of getting out of a car after a grocery run and when other two siblings managed to exit. A lot of the facts are missing. I’ll reserve judgment on this one for now. Perhaps abuse disguised as a forgotten child in a vehicle.

It’s a sad state of affairs that parents can’t remember their kids in the car. I bet if there was $1000 in the back seat parents wouldn’t forget that. Just like not using car seats or seat belts, if you wouldn’t transport your flatscreen without securing it, why would you transport your kids with seatbelts or car seats as needed.

Several articles report this was an 11 year-old special needs child. So its good that you elected to reserve judgement.....

Interesting statistics chart on this subject.
http://www.kidsandcars.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Heatstroke-Chart-2018-1.pdf

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was shown a facebook post where it was recommended that people put something important like a cell phone or iPad in the rear so they don't forget their kids. Something more important than your kids.......... WTF!!!!!!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t understand how this happens either. I got 2 in car seats and they wouldn’t let me forget them.... honestly, if they were asleep when I arrived at my destination I’d probably park, leave the car running, and take a nap in the car with them.

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t understand how this happens either. I got 2 in car seats and they wouldn’t let me forget them.... honestly, if they were asleep when I arrived at my destination I’d probably park, leave the car running, and take a nap in the car with them.
Isn't it funny how enjoyable naps are once you have kids:) we have 6..........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how enjoyable naps are once you have kids:) we have 6..........

So true! I don’t understand how someone gets 6 kids. If given the option of sleep or doing the ‘make the baby’ thing I’d choose sleep 9 times out of 10 hands down. This is why we will only have 2 lol

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So true! I don’t understand how someone gets 6 kids. If given the option of sleep or doing the ‘make the baby’ thing I’d choose sleep 9 times out of 10 hands down. This is why we will only have 2 lol
Lol......6 kids, 5 of which spanned from 2006 to 2012.....the last was 3 years later. #4 and #5 are exactly one year apart. You know how they say to wait 3 months so your wife can heal after giving birth.....yep, pregnant 3 months and 1 week after #4 was born.

06 boy
07 boy
09 girl
11 girl
12 girl
15 boy

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol......6 kids, 5 of which spanned from 2006 to 2012.....the last was 3 years later. #4 and #5 are exactly one year apart. You know how they say to wait 3 months so your wife can heal after giving birth.....yep, pregnant 3 months and 1 week after #4 was born.

06 boy
07 boy
09 girl
11 girl
12 girl
15 boy

My god, man!! We had ours 14 months apart but that’s because we started at the young age of her 37 and me 40.