Hellwig sway bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with them? From what I read they do make a big difference but thats on the older trucks. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think so on 3rd gens...other than that they do make a big diff...any upgrade anti-sway bars...i have eibach...sorry

OP
OP
SOLISIMO

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What dont you think lol? Did your truck have sway bars from before? If you did, did you notice a difference after the swap?

From the research Ive read is that the Hellwig bars while being thicker also are made from a stronger metal causing less bend in the bar.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did u take a brain dump? Doesn't sound like the same sol...all cars trucks have anti sway bars...u will be upgrading them to thicker bars to make the truck stiff...when doing this...u increase the handling response...this doesn't affect how it rides...only how it handles

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
SOLISIMO

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did u take a brain dump? Doesn't sound like the same sol...all cars trucks have anti sway bars...u will be upgrading them to thicker bars to make the truck stiff...when doing this...u increase the handling response...this doesn't affect how it rides...only how it handles

No they did not. Certain year expeditions did not come with rear sway bars. But that's not the issue bc I know mine has them. I just want to know if there's a noticeable difference between the two. Also there is more affected other then handling. Since the bars are made from a higher thicker grade of aluminum the sways won't flex as the factory ones do hence a better ride when going over bumps on the road etc..it eliminates more of the side to side movement you get when going over an uneven surface.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
biiiiiiiig difference...I was upset I hadnt done it earlier...very pleased. ..will be 1st mod for now on

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, after reading your posts I think I might change the one on my 97 to a bigger one. I've changed lower and upper rear control arms and the track bar but the shocks look worn and the sway bar looks like its seen better days too. Seems to sway in the rear on turns and changing lanes on highway. Thanks for all the good input!

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them on mine. It's a decent improvement. Worth the money if you ask me.